- Dietary inflammatory index and risk of first myocardial infarction; a prospective population-based study.
- Inflammatory potential of diet and risk of oral and pharyngeal cancer in a large case-control study from Italy.
- Changes in the Inflammatory Potential of Diet Over Time and Risk of Colorectal Cancer in Postmenopausal Women.
- The Relationship Between the Dietary Inflammatory Index and Incident Frailty: A Longitudinal Cohort Study.
- Dietary Inflammatory Index and Colorectal Cancer Risk-A Meta-Analysis.
- Dietary inflammatory index and mental health: A cross-sectional analysis of the relationship with depressive symptoms, anxiety and well-being in adults.
- Inflammatory diet and risk for colorectal cancer: A population-based case-control study in Newfoundland, Canada.
- Association between Dietary Inflammatory Index (DII) and risk of prediabetes: a case-control study.
- Pre-Pregnancy Body Mass Index Is Associated with Dietary Inflammatory Index and C-Reactive Protein Concentrations during Pregnancy.
- Association between diet-related inflammation, all-cause, all-cancer, and cardiovascular disease mortality, with special focus on prediabetics: findings from NHANES III.
Drs. Nitin Shivappa and James Hébert explained the development and current applications of the Dietary Inflammatory Index™ at the International Agency for Research on Cancer’s 50th Anniversary Conference in Lyon, France on June 9, 2015
Infographic explaining the DII (Larger file-please allow time to download)